Riding a cycle is very popular but riding one with style is a different thing altogether. Incorporating bright and bold colours of cycling gear whilst also being comfortable to ride around is an attractive prospect.
Popular cycling clothing Melbourne include the dark hues of black and blue. It is also really cool to match your helmet, bike, socks and gloves together so that’s a popular trend to watch out for.
Some essentials to keep in mind before choosing your cycling gear:
- Ensure you opt for breathable and lightweight fabrics that are also moisture wicking. As cycling is a rough sport, your clothing should be strong enough to protect you from the elements but light enough to keep you comfortable.
- Make sure you have a proper helmet that fits you well as your head must always be protected at all times.
- Ensure your feet is protected by choosing the right pair of shoes that can grip the cycle’s pedal well, has a low skid and is extremely comfortable to walk in.
- Always opt for short socks over long ones. Short socks are comfortable and protect your feet well. Longer ones but cause you to sweat and don’t always look stylish.
- Opt for pants instead of shorts if you are cycling during the colder weather. This way you will be sure to protect yourself from the elements.
- Always opt for a light weight and well-built bike. It might be tempting to go for the cheapest option first but avoid that urge. Instead go for one with good tires, ample storage for your drinks and small bag. Make sure it’s well fitted and nothing comes loose. Always take it out for a test drive to see if you are comfortable on it. You want to avoid surprises before a big ride.
- Opt for well-designed and well fitted garments. Cycling is one sport where the clothing has to mould to your body shape so no loose and flapping bits. The outfit should be tight yet comfortable enough to be able to breathe in. so choose them well and try them out in person as opposed to getting them online.
Current trends you should be aware of:
- Famous retailers like H&M, Primark and American Apparel have jumped onto the cycling bandwagon and have stylish cycling gear in bold floral prints and fun hues.
- Just because it’s a sport, doesn’t mean the clothes have to be boring. Designers are incorporating fun elements like padlocks and bike chains over the cycling jackets.
- Even the bikes have gotten a major lift. They have stitched handlebars, pricey saddle bags from the iconic Chanel and some even include a GPS system built in. talk about fancy!
Follow the above tips to ensure you have cycling gear that is not only stylish and comfortable but also well on trend. Cycling is not like going to a party where you can just get admiring glances from wearing the popular trends, it is vital that the gear you chose is also safe and protects you during your ride through rough terrain.